Are you interested to help to translate The Power of Facilitation into your own language?
We are keen to support small teams around the world to produce high quality translations of the book in different languages, and to support them to support each other – in order that we all are better able to use the book to help to promote the power of facilitation worldwide.
We are excited to have had expressions of interest already from colleagues keen to help to translate the book into languages including Arabic, Chinese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Turkish.
Here’s what support we are ready to offer:
- access to our original files for you to work from, including original English language text, fonts and graphics – in Adobe InDesign and/or exported into Word or GoogleDocs
- an online workspace in Basecamp to enable you to connect and collaborate with our contributors and with other translation teams -for mutual support and exchange and to minimize duplication of effort
- support to identify one or more independent and experienced, native-speaking facilitators to proof-read your translation
- promotion and distribution of your translated edition via the FacPower website and social channels
Here’s what we will expect from you:
- adherence to the terms of our Creative Commons license (Attribution, Non-commercial, Share-alike and No additional restrictions) and alignment with the FacPower style guidelines
- that your team involves at least one member of the International Association of Facilitators (IAF), and ideally an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator and/or a local IAF chapter
- opportunity for one or more independent and experienced, native-speaking facilitators to proof-read your translation
- opportunity for our contributors to approve translated versions of their visual summaries
- your translated edition made available for free via the FacPower website with donations invited to IAF
- access to your files, including translated language text, fonts and graphics, to make available to others to adapt for their own translations and/or complete yours in the event that you are unable to do so
If you are interested
Please contact us by 31 October 2021 in order to join the first cohort of translation teams to collaborate together.
We look forward to hearing from you!